4basebio UK Societas is a spin out from 4basebio AG (Germany) and will be admitted to trading on the AIM stock exchange in London on 17 February 2021.
4basebio is developing next generation synthetic DNA and non-viral nanoparticles for use in gene therapy applications. DNA is the therapeutic agent in a gene therapy while nanoparticles act as the delivery mechanism for efficiently delivering therapeutic payloads into the patient’s cells 4basebio is focused on:
- Developing a highly efficient and scalable manufacturing process for its proprietary synthetic hpDNATM for use in gene therapies and DNA vaccines
- The manufacture and sale of large quantities of pharmaceutical grade DNA
- Development of gene therapy delivery systems centred on non-viral nanoparticles
- Identifying a number of indications, where the combination of the Group’s DNA and non-viral delivery system technology can be combined to progress potential gene therapies through pre-clinical
A continuously increasing number of gene therapies are under development and are being approved and marketed for use in patients, resulting in an ever-increasing demand for pharmaceutical grade DNA. Our DNA has clear safety, efficacy and cost benefits over current plasmid DNA.
The conventional bacterial-based DNA production methods offer poor yields and are held back due to complex purification processes. The final product is therefore expensive, with processes difficult and costly to scale.
hpDNATM from 4basebio contains only the human DNA of interest and is uncontaminated by bacterial DNA. Therefore, it is non-immunogenic and free from antibiotic resistant genes.
Gene therapy delivery system
- Design, validation and manufacture of novel delivery methods incorporating hpDNA.
- Advance preclinical and clinical validation for medically relevant genes of interest
- supplying hpDNA into established virus manufacturing processes
The limitations of current gene therapy delivery systems (mostly viral-based methods) illustrate the need for new non-viral gene delivery platforms. HermesTM nanoparticles can be combined and optimised with 4basebio’s hpDNATM this combined therapeutic agent and delivery system can be used with third party genes of interest to develop gene therapies for external customers. 4basebio will also independently explore promising new gene therapy candidates through discovery and early clinical stage.