Dr. Heikki Lanckriet
Heikki Lanckriet (PhD) has developed broad expertise and commercial experience in the Life Science Tools and Reagents area. In 2003, whilst at Cambridge University, Heikki co-founded Expedeon. He accumulated a deep knowledge of the many facets of business by evolving through the roles of COO, CSO and CEO at Expedeon.
After the sale of the Group’s immunology and proteomics businesses to Abcam PLC for EUR 120 million, a transaction which completed on 1 January 2020, Heikki stayed CEO and CSO of the genetics and DNA manufacturing business, renaming it to 4basebio AG.
Heikki has a passion for science and innovation with strong sense of commercial pragmatism. He holds a Bachelor’s and Master’s degree in Biochemical Engineering from the University of Ghent, Belgium and a PhD in Biochemical Engineering from the University of Cambridge, UK.
He has published papers in high impact peer-reviewed international scientific journals and is named inventor on a multitude of patents.
David Roth is a UK chartered accountant. Over the past twenty years, David has worked across listed and private equity backed companies primarily as CFO with a particular focus on healthcare growth companies. This has also led to his involvement in various buy and sell side corporate transactions. Prior to this, David spent a little over ten years in professional services, having trained with KPMG and moving to Arthur Andersen and Deloitte. David also holds a BA in Business Studies.
Hansjörg Plaggemars is an independent consultant (Value Consult). As part of his projects, he serves as member of various Management Boards. He holds a degree in Business Administration from the University of Bamberg/Germany.
- 4basebio AG, Executive Managment Board Member; Investment holding – listed on German regulated market
- BCT bio cleantec AG, Board Member (Vorstand); Soil remediation
- Altech Chemicals Limited, non-executive Board Member; High Purity Alumina – listed on ASX
- Kin Mining NL, non-executive Board Member; Mining – listed on ASX
- Azure Minerals Limited, non-executive Board Member; Mining – listed on ASX
- Davenport Resources Limited, non-executive Board Member; Potash – listed on ASX
- The Grounds Real Estate Development AG, Supervisory Board Member; Real Estate – listed on German regulated market
- Ming Le Sports AG, Board Member (Vorstand); Sports clothing in China – listed on German regulated market
Joseph M. Fernández
Joseph M. Fernández is Co-founder of Invitrogen, Inc., (Currently Life Technologies) and founder and CEO/Chairman of Active Motif Inc., which specializes in novel tools and platform technologies for genomics-driven cell biology and epigenetic pathway elucidation.
- Chairman of the Supervisory Board of 4basebio AG, Germany
- Chairman of the Board of Directors of Active Motif Chromeon GmbH, Tegernheim, Germany
- Member of the Board of Directors of Hiram College, Hiram, Ohio, USA
- Member of the Board of Directors of protein fluidics, Santa Clara, CA, USA
- Member of the Board of Directors of Delegate Advisors, San Francisco, CA, USA
Pilar de la Huerta
Pilar de la Huerta has accumulated an extensive experience in the pharma and biotech sector over the last 20 years. She joined Genetrix group as a CEO in 2010, moving to SYGNIS after the merger done between Xpol, Genetrix subsidiary, and SYGNIS AG in october 2012. From 2006 to 2010, she was a strategic consultant within several companies, such as Viamed Salud Group, where she was responsible for R&D and New Business and was appointed CEO of the two most innovative companies within the Group: Araclon Biotech, SL. and Viamed Technology Investments. Before that, she was CEO at Neuropharma (Noscira, Zeltia Group) and assumed various responsibilities within the Zeltia Group, (the biggest quoted biotech holding in Spain).
Pilar holds a Master Degree in Business and Administration by the UCM and has completed the IESE’s Advanced Management Program (AMP) and Program for Management Development (PMD) courses in the Navarra University.
- Member of the Supervisory Board and CEO of ADL Biopharma, Madrid, Spain
- Member of the Supervisory Board of Epidesease SL, Madrid, Spain
Tim McCarthy has a 35 year international business career in high growth Healthcare, Biotech and Technology companies and is currently Chairman and Non-Executive Director for a number of companies, including Immupharma Plc, Incanthera, Expedeon Holdings and Harvard Healthcare. He is a former CEO and Finance Director of public and private companies, including Alizyme plc, Peptide Therapeutics Group plc. He has co-founded a number of healthcare and biotechnology companies, raising substantial amounts of equity capital and also advised and/or worked at Board level, for a diverse range of companies internationally, in areas such as business strategy, fund raising, mergers & acquisitions, due diligence and licensing. A Fellow of the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants, he also has an MBA from Cranfield School of Management.
- Chairman of the Board of Directors of ImmuPharma plc, London, UK
- Chairman of the Board of Directors of ARK Analytics Solutions Ltd, Cambridge, UK
- Member of the Board of Directors of Spear Therapeutics Ltd, Manchester, UK
- Chairman of the Board of Directors of Dropped Ltd, Cambridge, UK
- Chairman of the Board of Directors of Incanthera Ltd, Manchester, UK
- Chairman of the Board of Directors of Harvard Healthcare Ltd, Liverpool, UK
- Member of the Board of Directors of Wise old owl Ltd, Cambridge, UK
- Member of the Board of Directors of Frangipani Dreams Ltd, Cambridge, UK